Jewish LearningWorks team members put their heads together to suggest new or additional questions for the 2022 Passover holiday season. Inspired by the story of Passover, the context of living through the Covid-19 pandemic, challenged by the war in Ukraine, and grounded in our Jewish values, we hope these big questions help adults and children alike reflect, and illuminate the similarities and differences of our experiences of freedom, oppression and hope, now and then.
- How have you come to understand freedom differently over the last two years?
- What renewal are you most hoping for this spring?
- What’s a sacrifice you have made, or are willing to make for a better world?
- What symbol would you add to the Seder plate and what would it represent?
- There is a tradition to eat the matzah in silence, after the 2nd hand washing of the Seder. Why do you think that is? What does the matzah sound like when you first bite it?
- Next year b’Yerushalayim — where do you hope to be physically, emotionally and spiritually for next year’s Seder?