Program Coordinator, Jewish Community Library
The Jewish Community Library, a program of Jewish LearningWorks, serves as a unique ground for discovery, where both Jews and non-Jews can explore the Jewish tradition, history, and culture from many angles. The Library offers a physical collection of nearly 40,000 items, as well as a robust eBook collection, book group support, and more than 60 public programs annually.
Job Summary & Key Details
The Jewish Community Library is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator to develop, publicize, and implement a broad range of public programs in order to increase engagement with Jewish culture, history, and ideas. The Program Coordinator will attract visitors to the Library; increase use of the Library’s resources; and raise the Library’s profile in the community.
- Job Type: Part-time, 16 hours per week
- Work Model: Can be in-office or mostly remote, but requires on-site presence in San Francisco for in-person events
- Pay Rate: $45 per hour
- Develop, publicize, and produce more than 45 in-person and/or online weekday and Sunday programs annually featuring scholars, musicians, artists, authors, and other presenters, and targeting diverse segments of the population.
- Contact potential presenters and coordinate all logistics and details, including dates, honoraria, technical needs, and book sales.
- Liaise with presenters to develop blurbs, bios, and images program catalog and marketing.
- Send confirmation letters and prepare payment authorization and documentation.
- Send communications to program registrants before and after programs.
- Help set up events and run A/V equipment as necessary, or, in the case of online events, run the virtual program.
- Maintain relationships with partnering organizations.
- Coordinate occasionally with booksellers to have books available at author events.
- Work with building management to schedule events.
- Develop publicity plan and timeline.
- Write program catalog copy, and work with graphic designer on layout and editing of program brochure.
- Market events through email promotions, Library website, external website listings, social media, and other vehicles.
Experience planning and implementing cultural programs required. Must be efficient and detail-oriented. Must have broad knowledge of Jewish culture and possess excellent written and oral communication abilities, as well as strong collaborative skills. Established connections within the Bay Area Jewish community are a strong plus.
Questions & Applications
Please contact Howard Freedman with any questions you may have, or send your resume and cover letter to his inbox.
Director, Jewish Community Library
(415) 567-3327 Extension 705
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jewish LearningWorks is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Systemic inequities in hiring have caused women, people of color, LGBTQIIA+ folks, and others to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to change that trend and apply, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.