Bridging the Divide: A Community of Practice focused on Courageous Conversations
Drawing on conflict resolution and mediation frameworks, Bridging the Divide Community of Practice teaches interventions that will support you to sustain receptivity while investigating differences. This training will be taught by Resetting the Table and will focus on equipping youth professionals with core skills to create conversations of meaning, stability, clarity, and insight even while “going toward the heat” on charged differences. We will base our conversations on issues group participants are encountering in their work, including Israel and current American political divides relevant to teens.
The group will meet seven times October-May; in December/January individuals or organizational teams will meet 1:1 for direct coaching with Resetting the Table trainers.
Bridging the Divide Goals:
- Provide youth professionals with tools and skills to facilitate conversations across differences on charged issues in Jewish life.
- Support educators to model important conversations across differences with each other.
- Learn and practice three facilitation skills for achieving collaborative conversations across differences: Following Meaning, Demonstrating Understanding, Naming Differences.
- Learn and practice an approach to troubleshooting challenging group dynamics.
- Build capacity to use these skills in the course of structured and free flowing conversation to achieve receptivity while addressing differences directly.
- Experience multi-vocal, non-prescriptive education on the Israeli Palestinian Conflict to enhance their own learning and to serve as a model for how to incorporate the skills into work with youth.
Dates for Bridging the Divide:
**NOTE** All sessions are currently scheduled to take place online; If group agreement and public health guidelines permit, we hope to make two sessions in-person in the winter/spring.
Tuesdays from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Pacific
October 12, 2021
October 26, 2021
November 9, 2021
December/January (individual coaching sessions)
February 1, 2022
March 1, 2022
April 5, 2022**
May 10, 2022
May 24, 2022*
* backup date is May 24, 2022 in case a previous session needs to be rescheduled
** this session will meet from 10am-1pm
Facilitator Info: This series will be led by professional trainers from Resetting the Table. To learn more about the organization, please, visit their website.
Org Budget is >$10 million (no discount) = $400.00
Org Budget is $4-$10 million (20% discount) = $320.00
Org Budget is $1-4 million (40% discount) = $240.00
Org Budget is <$1 million (60% discount) = $160.00
Our Bridging the Divide Community of Practice is now full. If you are interested in learning more about this workshop or to be placed on the Waiting List, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All trainings at Jewish LearningWorks are subsidized by our generous donors. To arrange a cost adjustment, please email email@example.com