Recognizing that the nurturing of relationships and development of skills is key to the retention of youth professionals, we are continuing with our Mentor Program for a fourth season.
This program matches educators who are new to the field (1–5 years) with a seasoned mentor. Together, they work through challenges, brainstorm ideas and create plans to further their growth and learning. Both mentor and mentee benefit from this relationship and often continue the connection beyond the 6-month commitment.
The Mentor Program Launch will be on Tuesday, September 2 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm If you are interested in either being a mentor or mentee, please complete the form below.
I want to be a Mentor
- Have had 10 years or more of experience in Jewish teen education
- 6 month, 10 hour minimum commitment
- Four scheduled 60 minute 1:1 meetings, in person or on the phone, plus 45 minutes of preparation and follow up for each meeting (September 2020 – April 2021)
- Three 30 minute phone calls “as needed” with mentee
- Mentors will receive a $1000 honorarium as a token of our gratitude.
I want to connect with a Mentor
- Commit to making the time to meet and talk with your mentor over the course of a 6 month period
- Pick a topic or area in which you would like to focus and grow
- Focus on skill/s that you hope to develop
- Pay $54 to participate in the program*
*All programs at Jewish LearningWorks are subsidized by our generous donors. To arrange a further cost adjustment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.