Recognizing the importance of a mentor relationship and the development of skills as key factors in supporting new educators, we are continuing with our Mentor Program for a sixth season.
This program matches youth professionals who are new to the field (1–5 years) with a seasoned mentor. Together, they work through challenges, brainstorm ideas and create plans to further their growth and learning. Both mentor and mentee benefit from this relationship and often continue the connection beyond the 6-month commitment.
If you are interesting in becoming a mentor, please complete the form below.
If you would like to be a mentee, click here to complete a short application.
Questions? Please contact Deb Massey at email@example.com.
Anything I can do to help support [working in Jewish education] as a career path and as a legitimate professional choice is worth my time and energy. I gained just as much from it as my mentee did.Mentor
There is something really valuable about collaborating and brainstorming and bouncing ideas off of someone who isn't in the weeds with you.Mentee
I want to become a Mentor
- Have had 10 years or more of experience in Jewish teen education
- 6 month, 10 hour minimum commitment
- Four scheduled 60 minute 1:1 meetings, in person or on the phone, plus 45 minutes of preparation and follow up for each meeting (September 2022 – May 2023)
- Three 30 minute phone calls “as needed” with mentee
- Mentors will receive a $1000 honorarium as a token of our gratitude.
I want to be a Mentee
- Commit to making the time to meet and talk with your mentor over the course of a 6 month period
- Pick a topic or area in which you would like to focus and grow
- Focus on skill/s that you hope to develop
- Pay $54 to participate as a mentee in the program*
*All programs at Jewish LearningWorks are subsidized by our generous donors. To arrange a further cost adjustment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.