This community of practice will meet four times this summer to think through the best ways to engage and support pre and emergent readers in virtual spaces. The group is designed and intended for people working in Congregational settings, though we welcome educators from day school, JCC and other community organizations as well. We will draw on emerging best practices as well as our own experiences and creativity to consider ways to best engage our K-3rd grade learners in the months ahead. Sessions will be facilitated by Jenni Mangel, Director of Professional Learning at Jewish LearningWorks.
Topics for the group in Summer 2020 include:
- Virtual tools to use with emerging readers
- Engaging learners with meaningful Jewish content
- Fostering community in distance learning
- Creating connections between sessions with learners
- Working with parents as teaching partners
Registration for this series is now closed.
Please direct questions to Jenni Mangel. Please register to receive login information for this Community of Practice.
Tuesdays 10:00 – 11:30 am
Cost per participant $72.00
- July 7, 2020
- July 14, 2020
- July 21, 2020
- July 28, 2020